HCS 2: A Quick Guide to Help with Health Costs: Includes Charges and Optical Voucher Values
Public information document giving details of certain health costs and the help available.
September 01, 2009
Those who are responsible for looking after your health will do whatever they can to make sure you are given the best possible treatment.
- NHS Lothian values your comments, good or bad, to help us improve the service. Please see the link for further information about how to make a suggestion or complaint. Regrettably, sometimes things can go wrong and the NHS Complaints Procedure aims to give you a quick, but thorough, response to your concern about NHS Treatment. The NHS Complaints Procedure includes instructions in english, arabic, bengali, chinese, punjabi and urdu.
- Please also see the who to contact within NHS Lothian with your complaint.
- Under the NHS Complaint Procedure if a complainant is unhappy with the NHS Lothian response to their complaint they have the right to approach the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman and ask the Ombudsman to review their complaint. Please see the Ombudsman Reports page for further information.
- Health Rights Information Scotland is funded by the Scottish Executive Health Department and focuses on patients' rights, producing information for patients to be used throughout the NHS in Scotland. See the link for information produced by Health Rights Information including confidentialty rights and how to access your health records.
- The Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) 2002 became law in January 2005 and allowed the public to request information held by public authorities in Scotland. Please see the link to find out all about NHS Lothian and the Freedom of Information Act.
Last Reviewed: 01/06/2011