Employment with NHS Lothian
The NHS offers excellent career prospects and a wide range of jobs – the National Health Service (NHS) careers website estimates that there are over 100 different jobs.
There are approximately 214,000 employees in health and medicine in Scotland (9% of the Scottish workforce) and the NHS employs most of them.
NHS Lothian employs approximately 24,000 staff. There are around 800,000 people living in Edinburgh and the Lothians, which means our staff are caring for the second largest residential population in Scotland.
Some of the benefits of working for the NHS are:
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave (pro rata) increasing with service
- Eight public holidays (pro rata) per year
- Flexible, family-friendly working arrangements
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- Access to staff benefits and promotions
- Equal opportunities in employment.
Last Reviewed: 21/06/2012