Addressing offending - improving health and wellbeing
Willow Service is in partnership between NHS Lothian, City of Edinburgh Council and Sacro to address the social, health and welfare needs of women in the criminal justice system. The Willow Service address is 3rd Floor, Lauriston Buildings, Edinburgh EH3 9HA
Willow aims to:
- Improving women’s health, wellbeing and safety
- Enhancing women’s access to services.
- Reducing offending behaviour.
We offer a wide range of services to women aged over 18, resident in Edinburgh or returning to Edinburgh from custody. Women participate in a programme 2 days a week for 6-9 months involving groupwork and key work support. The programme is designed to meet the specific needs of women and is delivered by a multi-disciplinary team.
The team consists of criminal justice social workers, criminal justice support workers, a nurse, psychology associate and a nutritionist. The team provides a range of interventions to:
- assess all aspects of physical, mental and sexual health
- support follow up where necessary
- help cope with the effects of trauma and abuse
- consider women's pasts and support them in planning safely for the future
- address offending behaviour
- improve mental health and well being
- develop new skills and coping strategies
- address substance use problems
- develop plans for education, training and employability
- provide new social experiences and relationships
- link women into services.
You can contact the team on 0131 536 3501.
Last Reviewed: 05/01/2015