The Rivers Centre
What is the Rivers Centre?
The Rivers Centre is an NHS specialist trauma service dedicated to addressing the health, social and welfare needs of people affected by psychological trauma.
We offer help to people of any age who have experienced traumatic events such as:
- Physical assault, robbery, mugging
- Rape, sexual assault
- Domestic violence, physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- Childhood abuse or neglect
- Serious road traffic accidents, industrial, domestic or medical accidents
- Natural disasters, such as floods or earthquakes
- Major incidents, such as train crashes or gas explosions
- Terrorist attacks
- Torture or State terrorism
Last Reviewed: 23/01/2017