Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre opened fully to the public on 20 August 2013.
Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre will provide a range of health social care and familiy support services.
It is a joint facility which has been developed by a partnership of NHS Lothian, the City of Edinburgh Council and the local community.
Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre address: 30 Harvesters Way, Edinburgh EH14 3JF.
Main reception phone number: 0131 453 9100.
Wester Hailes Medical Practice phone number: 0131 453 9250.
Normal opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm. (Some services will occasionally operate outhwith these hours by appointment only).
What’s in the Centre?
Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre will provide new accommodation for over 300 NHS Lothian and Edinburgh Council and voluntary sector staff. This includes accommodation for the Wester Hailes Medical Practice and a wide range of other community health services including:
- Learning Disabilities
- Community Child health
- Mental Health
- Speech and Language Therapy
At various times in the week, other NHS outreach services will conduct clinics in the new Centre
Council services located in the building consist of the Health and Social Care, Children and Families and Criminal Justice social work teams.
The Centre will also accommodate the Wester Hailes Health Agency, currently based in Dumbryden and the Wester Haven Cancer support Project
The Health Agency will provide a range of therapeutic services, such as counselling, massage and relaxation as well as group activities such as walking groups, exercise classes and volunteering opportunities.
A small café serving drinks and snacks is also situated in the public area of the Centre.
How do I get there?
There are two main entrances which are linked by a central concourse. The Wester Hailes Road (West) entrance is adjacent to the Centre car park whilst the Harvesters Way (East) entrance is most suitable for members of the public arriving on foot.
A third entrance through the enclosed garden on the south side of the Centre is available, and will generally be used by clients of the Wester Hailes Health Agency.
Pedestrian Access Routes from Westside Plaza.
When the Centre opens on 20 August 2013, the direct approach for pedestrians walking from the Westside Plaza shopping centre to the Healthy Living Centre will still need to be completed. The direct route involves a short flight of steps before accessing the entrance to the railway archway that leads to the Centre. It is anticipated that further works will be undertaken to improve this approaching. The public should be aware that there is a pedestrian pavement alongside the south west exit route from the Plaza car park which can be used in order to avoid these steps.
- At the present time the following Lothian Bus services serve the area, all stopping at the bus shelters in the front of Westside Plaza.
- Services - 3, 18, 21, 30, 32, 33
- Services 3, 30 and 33 are all run frequently during working hours
- Service 30 also stops on Wester Hailes Road which provides the nearest bus stop to the Centre.
- There is also an hourly train service from Edinburgh Waverley that serves the Wester Hailes railway platform located next to the Centre.
- Bicycle racks for staff are situated in a secured covered area adjacent to the staff entrance at the rear of the building. A cycle rack for public use will be situated outside the west entrance.